Rabon Law Firm, PLLC
225 East Worthington Avenue
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203
- Office Depot Agrees to Pay $43 Million to Resolve Allegations Under the California False Claims Act
- Ten Largest False Claims Act Settlements By Pharmaceutical Companies
- Hospital System Pays Over $98 Million to Resolve FCA Allegations
- Shipping Company To Pay $9 Million to Settle False Claims Act Allegations
- 2013 Was a Record Year for the False Claims Act
Other FCA Blogs We Follow
DisclaimerBy accessing this website you agree to the terms of this disclaimer. The content on this website is not legal advice. It is intended for informational purposes only. You also acknowledge that the confidentiality of internet-based emails cannot be guaranteed. If you wish to contact us by telephone, please call 704-247-3247; or you may contact us by U.S. mail at: Rabon Law Firm, PLLC, 225 E. Worthington Ave., Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28203.
- Some images on this website are public domain photos courtesy of the U.S. Department of Defense. Use of military imagery does not imply or constitute endorsement of the Rabon Law Firm or its services by the Department of Defense.
Category Archives: Health Care Fraud
Yesterday, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case from the Fourth Circuit, U.S. ex rel. Nathan v. Takeda Pharmaceuticals.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) announced that Teva Pharmaceuticals and its subsidiary, IVAX, agreed to pay the United States and the State of Illinois $27.6 million to settle claims that the companies violated the False Claims Act by paying kickbacks … Continue reading
According to the Department of Justice, Halifax, a Florida hospital system, agreed to pay $85 million to settle claims that it violated the False Claims Act when it submitted claims for payment to the Government that were in violation of … Continue reading
Late last year, in a Statement of Interest filed in U.S. ex rel. Cestra v. Cephalon, Inc., No. 10-CIV-6457 (S.D.N.Y.), the Government for the first time stated its position regarding the applicability of U.S. v. Caronia, 703 F.3d 149 (2nd … Continue reading
The U.S. Department of Justice announced on January 17, 2014, that RehabCare Group Inc., RehabCare Group East Inc., Rehab Systems of Missouri, and Health Systems Inc. agreed to pay $30 million to settle claims in a whistleblower-initiated lawsuit that the … Continue reading
The Supreme Court of the United States could review two False Claims Act (FCA) cases from the Fourth Circuit: U.S. ex rel. Nathan v. Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc., 707 F.3d 451 (4th Cir. 2013) and U.S. ex rel. Carter … Continue reading